Wage: £8 to £9.45 hour
Based in: Harpenden
If you are an excellent cook and are looking for a role that will brighten the day of elderly friends living in a care home household we would like to hear from you.
This is an opportunity to offer an essential service to elderly persons in a small Protestant Christian care home in pleasant surroundings. The people living in this home all come from the same group of Strict Baptist chapels, which ensures a close community spirit. They have a range of care needs ranging from low to high. We also occasionally support those living with dementia and are looking to develop this aspect of our care service further.
Currently, this role is part time with two/three days per week available, but has the potential to become full time in due course.
As a Cook your primary role is to ensure, with the Home Manager, that resident’s nutritional and hydration needs are met in line with their preferences. You will also be responsible for maintaining and ordering food stocks, for ensuring correct labelling and storage and for ensuring correct standards of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen in line with current regulations.
You may be supported by a kitchen assistant who will help you to ensure high standards of cleanliness and food storage. If this is the case you will be responsible for ensuring that they complete their responsibilities to the required standards.
· You must be able to cook to a high standard under time pressure
· Be willing to accommodate individual dietary requirements and preferences, with last minute changes
· You must be well-organised and thorough
· You must have a good attitude to customer service
· Be able to show compassion and empathy towards vulnerable elderly persons
· To have previous experience of working in a catering environment - ideally in a care home
· Have an understanding of regulatory requirements and best practice in a catering environment
· Hold formal qualifications in catering
For more information on this role or to apply, please contact Debbie Scott on email@example.com.