REGISTERED CARE HOME MANAGER
Salary: £30,000 to £33,000 per annum
Based in: Derry Hill, near Calne, Wiltshire
Additional Package Info: 4 percent contribution to AE pension
Are you an experienced Care Home Manager or Deputy Manager looking for a new challenge?
If you are a caring and compassionate leader then this could be for you.
We are looking for someone who is able to lead a caring and committed team of people in the delivery of the best possible care and support for our elderly friends living in a tight knit, loving household. If this person is you we would like to hear from you.
This is a rare opportunity to apply compassionate leadership and management skills in the delivery of high quality, personalised care and support services to elderly persons in a small Protestant Christian care home located a pleasant rural village. The people living in this Home all come from the same group of Strict Baptist chapels, which ensures a close community spirit. They have a range of care needs ranging from low to high. We also occasionally support those living with dementia and are looking to develop this aspect of our care service further.
As the Home Manager you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the best possible individualised personal care and support is given to the people living in the Home, that they are kept safe and well protected at all times and that their spiritual and social welfare is maintained,
- Ensuring that all relevant laws and regulations are fully complied with and that the Home operates according to its registration status and conditions,
- Manage the day to day operations and activities of the Home to the standards required, including but not limited to - developing, promoting and maintaining high standards of care and best practice, implementing and maintaining the systems and structures needed to run the Home in the interests of the people living there and to manage effectively the financial and material resources needed by the Home,
- Carry out the administration, management and training of the Home’s staffing according to the standards required, and,
- Provide appropriate leadership in maintaining the purpose and ethos of the Home and to be an ambassador for the Home.
- The skills and attitudes required to be successful in the role of Registered Home Manager in our Homes can be summarised in the following way:
- You will be able to demonstrate through words and actions genuine care, respect and empathy for the residents under your care and to be able to support them in their desired lifestyle.
- You will share our values and be able to provide leadership to staff and volunteers in the fulfilment of these.
- You will be able to demonstrate an appropriate management style that is open, fair and consistent.
- You will have the ability to build and sustain positive relationships with staff, residents, volunteers and relatives.
- You will have the required level of knowledge for the role, or be able to demonstrate an ability to achieve it in a reasonable period of time, to be able to provide clarity and guidance for the staff of the Home in the provision of care
- Be able to handle conflict and problems promptly and appropriately to achieve a positive resolution.
- It is desirable that you have previous management experience in a care home setting.
If you are interested in appling for this role, please contact the General Manager by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.