Assistance for Chapels / Documents / 21. Land Registry

Land Registry

    Unregistered chapel property must be registered with the Land Registry where new Trustees are appointed after 31 March 2009.  Once registered there is a continuing liability for changes in Trustees to be notified to the Land Registry with continuing expense.  The Gospel Standard Trust can be used as nominee or custodian Trustee which would avoid this continuing requirement. This can be done by the chapel trustees passing the appropriate resolution which is then registered with the Land Registry.  We can provide further guidance.