1. Gospel Standard church charities are currently excepted from registration with the Charity Commission unless the annual gross income exceeds £100,000.
2. The definition of gross income does not include the receipt of any endowment, such as a legacy.
3. This position remains until March 2021 by which time each church must have its own constitution. The GST will be seeking to agree with the Charity Commission a model constitution for use by Gospel Standard churches.
4. Existing registrations continue even though the income does not exceed the above threshold.
5. Registered charities must prepare an annual report to accompany their accounts. Please see section 8 – Annual Accounts.